Nayana: Face Yoga Mastery & Defying Time—The Power of Facial Fitness in Achieving Ageless Beauty
Embark on Nayana’s extraordinary venture into the realm of facial fitness—a true pioneer in the pursuit of timeless beauty. As Nayana entered her forties, she discerned subtle changes in her facial features. Rather than attributing it to the inevitability of aging, she seized control to restore her youthful radiance. Not opting for extravagant surgical interventions, Nayana chose the path of facial toning—a cost-effective, needle-free alternative.
Surprisingly, it worked wonders, bestowing upon her a revitalized and youthful glow. Today, she isn’t merely an enthusiast; she stands proudly as a certified face yoga coach.
What motivated your transition into a career as a facial fitness coach, particularly after undergoing noticeable changes in your facial appearance during your 40s?
As I entered my 40s, I became acutely aware of the changes in my face. Things that I had taken for granted, like a firm neck and defined jawline, were starting to disappear. I dreaded looking in the mirror as all I could see was dull, saggy skin and the emergence of a double chin. At that time, I didn’t take any action because those around me were experiencing similar changes. In hindsight, we were like sheep, resigned to looking older because “that’s just what happens in your 40s, 50s, and beyond!” Consequently, I did nothing, and my face and neck continued to age.
Cosmetic surgery and injections were not an option for me. All procedures seemed risky, expensive, and painful. Plastic surgeons were not clear about risks and long-term issues at that time. Instead, my husband suggested trying facial exercises to tone up my face. Initially, I laughed off the idea as it sounded ridiculous. However, upon further reflection, it made sense – exercise had toned my body, so why wouldn’t it tone my face too?
Fast forward a few years, and I invested in a one-on-one training course in facial toning to regain my lost youth. Before I knew it, I started to resemble my younger self despite being in my 60s. The results were so powerful that I wanted to share my face exercise program with people like me. That’s when I embarked on a practitioner’s course with Eva Fraser and became a qualified face yoga coach. Feedback from my clients shows that I am an expert in my field, and I now operate a waiting list system.
Could you share some profound insights into how facial exercises facilitated the restoration of your youthful appearance in your 60s? What were the most striking transformations that you observed?
I trained 3-5 times a week for 15 minutes at a time, and quickly noticed reduced facial lines on my forehead, tighter jowls, smoother skin around my eyes (less crow’s feet), a better side profile, and a long and lean neck.
These changes were not only apparent to me but also to my family, who noticed lifted cheeks, and friends who inquired about the more defined jawline. Even my pesky double chin seemed to fade away gradually each passing week. Moreover, my skin quality improved significantly.
In your expert opinion, how does facial toning differentiate itself from conventional cosmetic procedures such as surgery and injections? What advantages do you believe facial toning offers in comparison?
I think conventional cosmetic procedures can work for some people, and a few of my clients have had surgery and injections with great results. I’ve helped them prolong the effects of their cosmetic work through a bespoke face yoga program. However, personally, I avoid cosmetic procedures as regular face yoga helps tone, firm, and improve my skin tone. Face yoga is ideal for those who prefer not to use foreign substances on their skin. It’s also more affordable and relaxing. Conventional cosmetic work has its place, and my program can complement surgical enhancements if required.
You mentioned that the age of an individual can impact the speed of results from facial exercises. Could you delve into the scientific underpinnings of this phenomenon and how age influences the efficacy of facial exercises?
Like exercising your body, the younger you are, the quicker you’ll see results. Younger muscles are more receptive to exercises. However, I started late in life, in my mid-late 40s, and initially didn’t practice regularly. Yet, as soon as I committed to training 15 minutes a day, 3-5 times a week, I began to see results, motivating me to continue. So, regardless of age, commitment is crucial. It’s also essential to work with a face yoga practitioner to focus on the areas you want to enhance. I am pro-aging, but that doesn’t mean we can’t look and feel good as we age.
Could you elaborate on some of the typical exercises or techniques you employ to retrain facial muscles and achieve a more toned and youthful appearance?
It depends on the areas of the face and neck you want to work on. A free consultation with me can help plan the best approach for your face yoga routine. However, here are some typical exercises and techniques:
- Cheek Lifts:
- Smile as wide as you can while keeping your lips together.
- Feel the tension in your cheek muscles.
- Hold for a few seconds and release. Repeat several times.
- Eye Circles:
- Gently close your eyes.
- Imagine you are drawing small circles with your eyeballs.
- Perform 10 circles in each direction.
- Forehead Smoother:
- Place your palms on your forehead.
- Apply slight upward pressure while trying to raise your eyebrows.
- Hold for a few seconds and release. Repeat.
- Jawline Sculpting:
- Tilt your head back and look toward the ceiling.
- Close your lips and make a chewing motion.
- Feel the stretch in your jawline and neck.
- Neck Lifts:
- Sit or stand with your back straight.
- Tilt your head back and look up at the ceiling.
- Close your lips and make a chewing motion.
- Hold for a few seconds, then relax.
- Lip Toning:
- Smile as wide as possible without showing your teeth.
- Place your index fingers on the corners of your mouth and apply gentle resistance as you try to smile wider.
- Hold for a few seconds and release.
- Fish Face:
- Suck in your cheeks to make a fish face.
- Hold for a few seconds and then relax.
- Repeat several times.
- Tongue Press:
- Press your tongue against the roof of your mouth and hold for a few seconds.
- This exercise can help tone the muscles around your mouth.
I share various exercises on Instagram @faceyogamastery so please take a look. Remember, it’s crucial to work with a reputable face yoga practitioner like myself to avoid straining your facial muscles and ensure you are doing the exercises correctly.
What level of dedication is expected from individuals seeking to witness positive changes in their facial appearance through your program? How frequently and for what duration should they commit to practicing these exercises?
The frequency and duration of face yoga exercises can vary depending on individual goals, schedules, and preferences. I can provide advice during an initial free consultation. However, here are some general guidelines to help you get started:
- Frequency: For noticeable results, practice face yoga exercises at least 3-5 times a week. Consistency is key.
- Duration: Each session can last 10-15 minutes.
- Repetitions: On average, perform each exercise for 2-3 sets, with 10 repetitions in each set.
- Morning skincare routine: Many clients incorporate face yoga into their morning routine to wake up facial muscles.
- Evening skincare routine: Some include face yoga in their evening routine to relax facial muscles.
Once you’ve mastered the exercises, face yoga becomes therapeutic and relaxing. In the early stages, it’s important to work with a face yoga practitioner to ensure proper technique. Be prepared to invest at least 15 minutes a day, 3-5 times a week, easily integrated into your skincare routine.
For individuals undergoing four 1-2-1 personal training sessions, what realistic results can they anticipate?
Potential results include reduced facial lines, tighter jowls, smoother skin around the eyes, a better side profile, and a long, lean neck. Even if you use more invasive methods like fillers and injections, face yoga can complement your anti-aging routine. Celebrities like Cindy Crawford, Jennifer Aniston, Meghan Markle, Madonna, Nicole Kidman, Sharon Stone, Ashley Graham, and Natalie Portman have embraced face yoga. I will work with you to reawaken your facial muscles through facial yoga.
As a seasoned facial fitness coach, how do you tailor your approach to cater to the diverse needs and unique facial structures of your clients?
As a face yoga instructor, tailoring the approach to diverse needs and unique facial structures is crucial for optimal results. Here’s how customization is achieved:
- Initial Assessment: Conduct a thorough assessment of facial structure, skin type, and specific concerns or goals.
- Understanding Client Goals: Have a detailed conversation to understand specific goals, whether anti-aging, muscle toning, relaxation, or addressing specific concerns.
- Personalized Exercise Selection: Select exercises based on assessment and goals, tailoring them to address unique needs.
- Adapting Resistance and Repetitions: Customize the level of resistance and repetitions to match current muscle tone and capacity.
- Technique Refinement: Provide real-time feedback and corrections to ensure proper execution of exercises.
- Progress Tracking: Continuously monitor progress and adjust exercises as needed.
- Varying Routines: Introduce new exercises or modify existing ones to maintain interest and avoid plateaus.
- Maintenance and Follow-Up: Provide guidance on maintenance routines after achieving initial goals.
- Individual Support: Offer individual support, answering questions and addressing unique goals and experiences.
- Holistic Approach: Consider lifestyle, diet, and skincare, offering recommendations when necessary.
A personalised approach ensures clients achieve desired results while prioritising safety and comfort.
Could you kindly share a remarkable success story or testimonial from one of your clients that has left a lasting impression on you?
Immerse yourself in the rejuvenating world of face yoga through these inspiring testimonials. Georgie Knox shares her transformative experience, finding self-care and renewed confidence through tailored sessions with her dedicated instructor Nayana. Read Georgie’s impressive journey here on Instagram. Teresa Walton, another satisfied client, emphasizes the long-term benefits of Nayana’s meticulous guidance and the rewarding challenge of face yoga. Discover Teresa’s endorsement here, also on Instagram.
What served as the driving force behind your determination to become one of the most effective facial trainers in the field? What distinguishes your coaching style from others in the industry?
I firmly believe in preserving our natural beauty with a holistic approach. Our faces deserve care, just like our bodies. True beauty is a harmonious blend of inner and outer well-being, emanating self-confidence from within. My coaching style focuses on this holistic journey, combining tailored exercises, mindfulness, and natural beauty preservation. What sets me apart is my comprehensive approach, working one-on-one, understanding that one size doesn’t fit all. I prioritize building inner confidence, making it about becoming whole and conquering the world with newfound self-assurance. Contact me on @ faceyogamastery via Instagram and we can arrange a free, no-obligation, consultation to see if face yoga is for you. I’m more than happy to answer any of your questions.