Darshana Ubl: My greatest fear is that our greed is destroying our planet rapidly
Proust’s Questionnaire is completed this issue by Darshana Ubl
The quick fire interview
My greatest fear is that our greed is destroying our planet rapidly
- What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Perfect happiness is doing what you want, when you want it.
- What is your greatest fear?
That our greed is destroying our planet rapidly.
- What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Not resting enough and trying to do too much in a short amount of time
- What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Talking but not doing.
- Which living person do you most admire?
Elon Musk – the inventor, investor and founder of the electric car Tesla.
- What is your greatest extravagance?
Holidays around the world every year.
- What is your current state of mind?
Grateful and happy.
- What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
Patience; if you really want something, work hard, be relentless and go for it with all your heart!
- On what occasion do you lie?
When I’m trying not to hurt someone’s feelings.
- What do you most dislike about your appearance?
I don’t take my looks to seriously. Sometimes I can look like a bunny rabbit!
- Which living person do you most despise?
People that torture animals.
- What is the quality you most like in a man?
- What is the quality you most like in a woman?
Being warm and nurturing.
- Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Even if we live to one hundred years, life is short
- What or who is the greatest love of your life?
My husband Marcus.
- When and where were you happiest?
Happiness is a state of mind.
(If there were 4 levels of happiness which started with level 1 as satisfied, level 2 as happy, level 3 as very happy and level 4 as happiest – I have visited level 4 a few times in my life, especially when I achieved my milestones. )
- Which talent would you most like to have?
I would love to be able to sing like Edith Piaf.
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Before I learnt how to punch above my height, I used to wish I were a little bit taller. J
- What do you consider your greatest achievement?
To be able to make a difference in the lives of more than 500 people through my work and being recognised for it on the BBC and in other publications.
- If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
I’d come back as a granddaughter of Elon Musk.
- Where would you most like to live?
Where I am – in London!
- What is your most treasured possession?
My Rolex watch which I bought for myself as a mark of my financial independence.
- What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Feeling helpless in a situation. Where nothing you can say or do can affect the outcome.
- What is your favourite occupation?
Being a business woman.
- What is your most marked characteristic?
Perhaps my smile?
- What do you most value in your friends?
Loyalty; those who have your back when times get tough.
- Who are your favourite writers?
- Who is your hero of fiction?
- Which historical figure do you most identify with?
- Who are your heroes in real life?
The nurses, the carers and volunteers that help those in need.
- What are your favourite names?
Many starting from the letter M – Marcus, Marika, Malika, Melanie!
- What is it that you most dislike?
I dislike genetically modified (GMO) food by companies such as Monsanto which are manipulating the people by providing us with inferior nutrition and creating a dependency on their seeds instead of organic farming.
- What is your greatest regret?
The chances I didn’t take in my early twenties.
- How would you like to die?
Surrounded by loved ones, my hand being stroked whilst in the background is playing the soundtrack from the movie Cloud Atlas called ‘The Grand Finale’.
- What is your motto?
Live, love and leave behind a legacy in this world that makes it a better place.